Hillsboro Aviation Celebrates New Facility with Grand Opening Soiree
Hillsboro Aviation celebrated its new facility with a grand opening soiree, An Evening of Classics, at its Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO) headquarters in mid-October. The event was in honor of the company’s new corporate headquarters and hangar that formally opened in May 2016 as it enters its 37th year in business. They welcomed 450 local and international guests, including prominent industry members, local business and government leaders, and colleagues to the 51,000 square-foot facility for an evening of classic aircraft, cars and motorcycles.
Special features included over 12 vintage and modern aircraft, vehicles, and motorcycles, including a 1942 de Havilland Tiger Moth, Cessna CJ3, Airbus H125, 1927 Type 37 Bugatti Grand Prix, 1956 Jaguar XK 140, BMW i8, Porsche Spyder 918, and a 1936 Indian Chief.
As the only operator on the North end of the airport, the new facility sits on four acres of private ramp space and is the second phase of the company’s three-phase, 425,000 square-foot long-term development project. The 51,000 square-foot facility includes 32,000 square-feet of hangar space that houses its fleet of 14 turbine aircraft specializing in utility operations, executive transport, and tours. It also serves the company’s comprehensive service center, including full maintenance and avionics capabilities. The 19,000 square-feet of office and shop space houses the company’s aircraft sales and management, FBO, and parts sales divisions.
Designed with green technology, Hillsboro Aviation welcomes customers and guests to its facility with warm Pacific Northwest detail including Douglas fir accents, a fireplace, and local artwork, in addition to a pilot’s lounge, snooze room, exercise area, and conference rooms.